Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Keith Richards Fears He Cursed Ahmet Ertegun

Keith Richards' "curse" fears
Tuesday 16th January



Keith Richards is convinced he sealed the unfortunate fate of late music mogul Ahmet Ertegun – by allowing him to rub his head.

The Rolling Stones rocker was joking with the Atlantic Records co-founder about the head injury he suffered after falling out of a tree last year.

Ertegun then rubbed Richards' head to feel for a bump – and just minutes later slipped and fell, falling into a coma from which he never recovered. Ertegun passed away last month, aged 83.

The superstitious guitarist now refuses to let any of his pals rub his head, just in case they meet their demise as a result.

Richards says, “We were backstage together and he asked how my head was…I said, ‘Have a feel, because I have a big dent on the left side.

“He was rubbing it and we were laughing our heads off. By the time I got offstage, I heard what had happened.

“It's almost as if I cursed him. So nobody else can rub my head anymore."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home